Cybersecurity / Information Technology Professional with a track record of delivering high-quality results ahead of schedule and resolving issues quickly. Proficient in system/security requirements, current technology and software, and various tools for securing and protecting devices and systems. Experienced in working with Windows, Linux, Vulnerability Scanning/SIEM, GRC tools such as eMASS, and more. Skilled in communication, presentation, collaboration, and problem-solving. Seeking to apply my expertise and creativity to challenging and rewarding projects. Out-of-the-box, analytical thinker who pushes creative limits to solve complex technical issues, optimizing project outcomes.
- Lead a team of Information Systems Security Engineers who report to Government Leadership on daily tasks.
- Received multiple recognitions from Government and Corporate Leadership for delivering outstanding results in a timely and efficient manner.
- Developed Splunk Dashboards to capture and monitor RMF 800-53 controls, and other metrics based on mission need.
- Assisted in writing several Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s) for the Cyber Security Team.
- Implemented automation of weekly vulnerability scanning from ACAS into eMASS
- Responsible for connecting Information Systems to DISA’s Continuous Monitoring and Risk Scoring (CMRS) dashboard.
- Performed weekly vulnerability scanning using ACAS. Generated scan/vulnerability reports in human and eMASS-readable formats. Verified ACAS Scan results with CMRS weekly to ensure automated pipeline functioned properly. Reported false positives, CAT 1 & 2 vulnerabilities, and IAVA/B’s.
- Reviewed Security Packages with the ISSO’s and suggested appropriate STIG/SRG recommendations (and related Test Plans) for Annual Reviews and ATO events (Risk Assessments, Impact Assessments, etc.).
- Evaluated STIG Checklists submitted by System Admins/Engineers of their respective information systems for Quarterly and Annual Security Reviews.
- Configuration Management, Change Requests, POA&M management.
- Assisted in writing several technical proposals for bids on other contracts for the company.
- Risk Management Framework (RMF), NIST SP 800-37 (800-53 controls), Joint Special Access Programs Implementation Guide (JSIG) and National Industrial Security Program Operating Manual (NISPOM).
- Developed and wrote Security Documentation for Information Systems to include: Security Control Traceability Matrix (SCTM), System Security Plans (SSP)/Security Assessment Plans (SAP), Risk Assessment Reports (RAR), Continuous Monitoring and Plans of Action and Milestones (POAM) for systems, as well as maintaining system design/architecture throughout the lifecycle of the information system.
- Conducted weekly vulnerability scanning utilizing vulnerability scanning and SIEM tools such as Nessus and Splunk. Monthly Patching of Nessus Scanners.
- Conduct weekly/annual cyber-security training to both technical and non-technical personnel.
- Restructured/redesigned company network to streamline data and efficiency, and save money by combining multiple external services into one platform.
- Established various testing and hardening practices for network and physical security.
- Assist residents and employees with day-to-day IT issues, such as internet connectivity, data-migration, password resets, adding and removing users, mobile devices, and education on new technologies.
- Managed wireless and wired networking (including various brands of routers/switches and Ubiquiti Network Devices), VPN, IP/POT Telephones.
- Supervise six (6) deputies in the West District, Organizing daily zone schedules, resolving employee grievances, and training and counseling deputies.
- Describe the concepts of security, compliance, and identity
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft identity and access management solutions
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft Security solutions
- Describe the capabilities of Microsoft compliance solutions
- Describe cloud concepts
- Describe Microsoft 365 apps and services
- Describe security, compliance, privacy, and trust in Microsoft 365
- Describe Microsoft 365 pricing, licensing, and support
- Describe cloud concepts
- Describe Azure architecture and services
- Describe Azure management and governance
- Knowledge and skills in compute, networking, storage, and database AWS services as well as AWS deployment and management services
- Knowledge and skills in deploying, managing, and operating workloads on AWS as well as implementing security controls and compliance requirements
- Knowledge and skills in using the AWS Management Console and the AWS Command Line Interface (CLI)Understanding of the AWS Well-Architected Framework, AWS networking, security services, and the AWS global infrastructure
- Ability to identify which AWS services meet a given technical requirement and to define technical requirements for an AWS-based application
From ISC(2): The Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) is the most globally recognized certification in the information security market. CISSP validates an information security professional’s deep technical and managerial knowledge and experience to effectively design, engineer, and manage the overall security posture of an organization. The broad spectrum of topics included in the CISSP Common Body of Knowledge (CBK®) ensure its relevancy across all disciplines in the field of information security. Successful candidates are competent in the following eight domains:
- Security and Risk Management
- Asset Security
- Security Architecture and Engineering
- Communication and Network Security
- Identity and Access Management (IAM)
- Security Assessment and Testing
- Security Operations
- Software Development Security
- Monitor and secure hybrid environments, including cloud, mobile and IoT
- Operate with an awareness of applicable laws and policies, including principles of governance, risk and compliance
- Identify, analyze and respond to security events and incidents
- Help assess the cybersecurity posture of an enterprise environment and recommend and implement appropriate security solutions
- Establish network connectivity by deploying wired and wireless devices
- Understand and maintain network documentation
- Understand the purpose of network services, basic data center, cloud and virtual networking concepts
- Monitor network activity, identifying performance and availability issues
- Implement network hardening techniques
- Manage, configure and troubleshoot network infrastructure
- CompTIA A+ 220-1001 covers mobile devices, networking technology, hardware, virtualization and cloud computing and network troubleshooting.
- CompTIA A+ 220-1002 covers installing and configuring operating systems, expanded security, software troubleshooting and operational procedures.
Currently, most of my projects consist of maintaining my homelab/homeinfrastructure and keeping up with it's security posture, testing new technologies, etc. For insights on what I'm currently working on, please visit Cloud Defense Labs.